Most homeowners typically think remodels when it comes to home improvements. Kitchens, Covers, and Baths, OH MY! That’s the fun stuff, right? Yes, however, there is one service that gets “looked through” time and again and can be just as much fun. Windows!
Windows have so many benefits and can increase the curb appeal of your home instantly! Check out our Top of 5 reasons to consider windows as your next priority home improvement project.
1.ROI (Return on Investment)
Investing in replacing your windows will instantly increase the value of your home. Most homeowners get an average of 75% of their money back from investing in upgrading their windows. Fortune Builders have named window replacement as one of the top 8 ways to simply increase the value of your home. However, you must choose the right ones. Choosing the wrong or a cheaper window can result in a loss.
Homeowners in Texas can save 10%-25% of their heating and cooling cost just by switching their single pane, or even outdated double hung windows. Most older homes have drafty single pane windows. These windows let a lot of air escape in and out of the home. Times have changed and so have the quality of windows. Have a new cookie cutter home? Chances are it is equipped with generic builder grade windows with no energy efficiency. Builders typically use a cheaper product when doing a mass number of homes. It’s not a quality a homeowner is typically looking for until “after the fact.”
Replacing your windows can reduce the outside noise up to 80%, especially if your are living in the city limits. Every day traffic and daily sounds can take some getting used to. If you replace your windows, you don’t have to settle and use your subconscious to block out the noise, the windows will do it for you. Use that extra brain power for the more important things. Loud neighbors, or neighbors with noisy pets? Our windows will help keep the peace with your neighbors. Don’t just take our word for it, here is what one of our customers had to say:
“My neighbors dog used to keep me up all night, and drive me crazy during the day. When I used Structure Builders to replace my windows, I forgot they had a dog. Until I had to go outside” -R. White
4. Instant Curb Appeal & Interior Appeal
We spend so much money on making our yards look nice. Water cost, grass, flowers, mulch, stones, fertilizer, sprinklers and the list goes on and on… But have you ever seen what changing your windows could do? Look below:
Not only do windows improve the exterior of your home but it could change your interior world and look to a whole new level. Give us call and we can show you a “whole new window world” (see what I did there 😉 )
5. Security, Insurance, & Warranty
Now depending on where you live, and which windows you decide to get, one or more of these will apply to you. This is why we grouped them together instead of making this list top 7 reasons to change your windows.
Warranty: Our windows have a 10 Year Labor Warranty and a limited lifetime manufacturers warranty. #winning!
Security: Our windows come with a multi point interlocking system. This system insures that you are getting a tight seal against weather and intruders. However, this does not prevent an intruder breaking the glass and going through that way. If you wanted a safety glass, we offer another window in the same family with keep safe glass. This glass is impact resistant. Which brings me to my next point….
Insurance: Insurance companies are all about security and safety, right? They want you to have the safest home possible so they are less likely having to pay out later. This is better for you too because this means your rates will most likely go down. Having impact glass on your windows can discourages intruders.
These impact windows also protect your home from storms. Most of the damages caused to homes are the result of broken windows. Insurance companies love our impact windows, because again, this is less money they have to pay out later, thus making your rates go down. Check out this testimony from a Hurricane Michael Survivor.
Keeping your family and belongings safe is definitely worth the investment.
Don’t forget to call: Structure Builders for your Free Window Replacement Consultation today. 210.733.9641 Coastal 361.881.8181
Wowwee! September 2019 has been one for the books! Structure Builders loves all things remodeling! It’s a chance to let our homeowners, and our installers get those creative vibes flowing! It’s a chance to show the South Texas what we are made of and how we can help them. This is why we attend the Home and Garden shows in both Corpus and San Antonio.
We know a lot of homeowners hear a lot horror stories in regards to contractors. However, some of them may be true, but there is an elite group of Home Improvement Specialist that want you to know we are here to stay and we are here to help. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is a group of like minded Home Improvement Specialist dedicated to creating a better experience for homeowners like you! Check out these code of ethics each member must uphold:
NARI’s Code of Ethics:
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry pledges to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business by:
Promoting only those products and services which are functionally and economically sound, and which are consistent with objective standards of health and safety;
Making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer;
Writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state and local laws;
Promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints;
Refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition;
Obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state and local authorities;
Obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state and local authorities;
Taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors, and clients.
Keeping our staff members educated, up to date, and motivated is one of our main priorities. Jessica and Sasha have been doing a great job of keeping up on current strategies to provide better customer service. Here they are at a ladies convention.
Rumor has it that all contractors are bad! This couldn’t be further from the truth! There are some who are up to no good but, there are also many companies who genuinely love the home improvement business and want to help you achieve your remodeling dreams. But how can you tell the two apart? Follow these tips and you will surely have a great experience remodeling your home!
Tip 1: Leave Friends and Family Out
Don’t hire friends or family to do your project. If you love your friends, which I’m sure you do because you can pick and choose those, don’t use them! Keep your friends, friends and maintain that level of love and friendship. Keep business out of family affairs. There are a lot of other things you can enjoy giving each other a hard time about, remodeling or home improvements shouldn’t be one of them. Leave the Remodeling, updating, and all the other home improvements to the professionals!
Tip 2: Research Reviews
Do your Research! Reviews were designed to protect you. Google has designed its program to filter spam review so the ones you see are accurate. Facebook reviews come from people like you. BBB and Angieslist reviews are also the best places to look. BBB is more accessible, whereas Angieslist requires a membership but might be worth your investment. Read both the good and the bad reviews. The bad reviews will let you know, “the worst” that could happen. Make sure that you are also following the reviews of customers who actually had work completed with the company. Sometimes, customers aren’t a good fit for a company. Companies have the right to choose you, just like you choose them.
Tip 3: Find a Company with a NARI membership
Selecting a company with a NARI membership will save you loads of headache in the long run. Those are the companies that are here to stay. They are not your fly by night contractor. They are legitatement businesses who are looking to provide a quality service. They must follow a code of conduct that protects homeowners like you. https://remodelingdoneright.nari.org/remodelers/
Texas is known for its extreme heat, humidity, and harsh winters. When your home is not protected correctly the outdoors typically transfers into the home causing unnecessary expenses . Here some helpful tips to keep your home and wallet happy.
If you aren’t using a smart thermostat, get one. You can monitor your Unit from a click of a button no matter where you are. Maintaining a consistent temperature within a few degrees will keep your unit from overworking. This will save you money on your bill and keep the longevity of your unit high. Most electric companies offer them for FREE! https://cpsenergy.com/smartthermostat
2. For this next tip, you don’t have to buy anything or make any calls. It’s as simple as adjusting your habits. Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Unplug unused electronics. Even unplugging the Charger when it is not in use. Use your Washer, Dryer, and Dishwasher before 4PM and after 7PM. Many electric companies charge more during “peak hours”. Hang Dry your clothes when you can and if there is only a couple of dishes, consider washing them by hand. This will also promote more exercise and save you on dryer sheets and those cute dishwasher pods. Sometimes kickin it old school will Save you more than you know.
3. Replace your lightbulbs. If you are not using energy efficient light bulbs, you are throwing money away. Yes they will cost you a little more upfront, however, they will last longer and save you on your electricity bill each month. Consider using a smart power strip compared to your everyday surge protector. They are designed to reduce your energy by monitoring if the device is in use or not. Again, a little upfront cost can go a long way. Smart Power Strip
4. Replace your windows. Yes! Depending on the windows you have, you could be throwing money “out the window”. Windows with Low E and Argon Gas will help keep the temperature you want on the inside stay on the inside. It will also prevent the the rays from the sun coming in. Calling Structure Builders will be the best option here. Structure Builders is a Simonton Preferred Installer. Simonton Windows has a number of Low E Argon Gas windows that will suite any homeowners needs. https://structure-builders.com/contact/ 210.733.9641 Coastal 361.881.8181.
5. Weatherize and Insulate your home! Structure Builders can help you out with insulation and radiant barrier. If you would like a FREE quote call us today! We can help you out! https://structure-builders.com/contact/ 210.733.9641. Weatherizing on the other hand you can do with a simple trip to your local home depot. This can include weather stripping your windows and doors, caulking cracks, and fixing leaks! Don’t forget to check ducts, plumbing, and attic hatches. https://www.homedepot.com/s/weather%2520stripping?NCNI-5
Looking to do a major remodel? Here are some tips to get started in the right direction.
1. Determine your pre-existing issues….. Examples: (is there enough counter space, cabinet space, walking space?)
2. What style are you looking for? Pinterest some pictures. Create a style board that will help put your ideas into reality.
3. Include features that will benefit you, your family, and your pets. (easy to grab snack drawers for kids, wheelchair accessibility for disabled family members, hidden gates, easy to clean cabinets and floors.)
4. Get Estimates! It is important to consider your budget, but some times cost may not be as apparent as we would think. Find (3) good local contractors to get estimates. The BBB and Angie’sList are great places to start. Also check your local city to see if the contractor is registered with the city. This will give you an idea of how you should budget. Don’t forget to call Structure Builders! 210.733.9641 Coastal 361.881.8181 www.structure-builders.com
5. When you are ready to start your project, consider a storage room or container for the belongings you currently have in the area you want to remodel. This should include any items hanging or pushed up against walls on the opposite side. This will protect your items from collecting dust or accidently getting damaged.
Following these tips will help with any project including, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Garage Conversions and General Renovations.
Hi there and thank you for choosing Structure Builders for all your remodeling needs! We are excited to start blogging! We will be providing weekly updates on all types of Remodeling projects, tips, and tricks.
We hope we can help you with your next remodeling project. A big thank you from our remodeling team! We look forward to seeing you next week with our next remodeling project!